![]() |
| Mike and Dan operate the CSLP |
The Clearwater, Seeley Lake & Pacific is set up to run what I've dubbed "Persistent Operations" that is operations that persist over time. This is different from a scenario set up where you have a beginning and an end to the operations usually requiring a reset of the layout to enable operations once again. I developed my scheme over a few months as I prepared to build my layout. I knew I wanted a few things:
- The ability to walk into the train room at any time and operate for as long as I wanted. One car move or a whole "day" the operations scheme needed to support that.
- Not era dependent. If it was the transition era or the modern day I wanted it to feel appropriate no matter the time.
- Shortline railroading. What started as a town to town run gradually became a single location and areas within it. This was necessitated by the 11'x7' room and fitting the railroad to the physical space.
- I wanted a living world. My imagination is deep and I needed the operating scheme to support that. It's not for everyone but I wanted to know the deeper "why" behind my railroad and it's daily operations.
After dropping the boxcar the crew runs around the Deep Rock tank car and shoves west towards Edmonds Landing,, the final destination for the tank car. There they will pick up the Seeley Lake Traffic and head geographically north, railroad east.
With Seeley Lake Traffic in two X435 East is now making it's way towards Clearwater out of Edmonds Landing with an eventual destination of Seeley Lake. First the crew will again run around the train as there is no runaround in Seeley.
And this is how the weekends. All of the cars on T1 and T2 will be headed to Missoula on the next train. This is a good place to end this part and prepare to start the next one. The stage has been set. The next part of this series will walk you through what it takes to set up the week of work. You'll see it all. The decisions, the paperwork, and all the nuts and bolts of keeping my office empire running. The goal is simplicity, flexibility and a high play value.






No comments:
Post a Comment